Monday, January 16, 2006

Down the road and back again

Howdy Ya'll
Open mic @ The vault was a cool this week. Had a few new players come out along with the usuals. Had some technical difficulty, actually my powered mixer is no more. Fried the insides! But with a quick trip home to pick up my backup gear, we were up and running in less than 20 minutes.

Friday the 13th I was double booked with O'Neal and Miles from Nowhere but I knew long before, they had already had this date booked. No harm, no foul.

One good thing happened this week. Got us a guitar player(finally). Farris is no longer a three piece band. My old buddy Alan Grissim(damn I hope I spelled his name right) has signed on to join the likes of me and the stephens. AG was playing in a band called Seven in the late 90's when I was with deep. deep and Seven played a couple of shows together including the blowout @ the Love Civic Center. AG is one hell of a guitar player and a welcome adition to the band. He is sure to add a unique style of playing to the band!

Speaking of the band, we will be opening for Ragtown Friday January 20th @ Crosswire . The show starts @ 9PM. Hope to see you all there, it will be rockin'! As soon as I am finished there, I am off to Dillons for an Acoustic show with Booth. Best of both worlds. It will be a hard days night!
"Feeling Uninspired, think I'll start a fire"-S.W.
Later,
farris

No comments: