Saturday, August 01, 2009

#2

Whats up?

No more fighting with Myspace on content(among other things)! A few months back, I ran into Kyle Harris at Guitar Center. He made the switch to Facebook so we lost touch.

I told him I was still using myspace and he told me it was "Redneck" marketing. There hasn't been a day go by that I haven't thought about what he said. I don't even know what that means but he has street cred and seems to have his finger on the pulse of what is going on.....................

Not quite ready to switch social networking sites yet.

Not 100% done with Myspace..............................

Whats going on with me??????????????

I have settled on the tracks for the new cd. Still finishing up the vocals and fills.

This has been a long process. I have scrapped songs, rewritten a few and wrote a couple in the last couple months. Changed arrangements, had a HD crash(before I went to a Mac in the studio and purchased a stand-alone unit).

I am glad that Windows HD crashed. It allowed me to re-record Dusty Roads(which will be the first single, btw). Also taught me not to be lazy and back-up EVERYTHING! I always back-up everyone else's tracks but now I back-up mine.

Once the tracks are mastered, I will post a song per week here(and on myspace too) for 6 weeks. During that time, you can pre-order the cd for a reduced rate.

Also found new band mates and it has been great. The guys learned the songs uber fast! We will have our first show as a group August 22 at The Mud Bog with Michael O'Neal and Merrol Ray.

Don't know where the Mud Bog is gonna be but I can tell you it will be in the greater Paris, TX metro area. I will post the location(and hopefully a map) as soon as I get it.

Until next time!

Adios!

Farris

No comments: