Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Talkin' Trash

Monday, July 14, 2008
Talkin’ Trash Current
mood: excited
Category: Music
There is more than one constant in the world. One of which is:
If you are a musician, someone is going to talk bad about you. PERIOD! I guess I kinda got numb to it when I was in deep. I wish we would have had Myspace in 1998! Our guest book was swamped with smack talkin'!
This blog stems from a "local" online forum talking about a "local" band. The entire thread was hijacked to discuss this band. There were two sides both arguing and defending their respective parties.
The best thing you can do as a musician if your name arises in this situation is to do nothing at all. It doesn't matter if the forum is right or wrong. Today's society seems to always believe anything negative that is typed or said. On the flip side, they discredit anything that is positive.
Also, consider the source. You will probably never know who the person is talking trash about you online. That same person would never say anything like that in your presence. So let it go!
Recently, someone wrote a very positive biography about me on a site that I assumed was reliable. The problem was it was full of half-truths and lies. Then someone else completely nuked me on the same page.
It upset my wife but I told her "What can I do?" The site did delete the page but not at my request. Both posts were from individuals that knew absolutly nothing about me!
Here is what I know:
I know what I am
I know what I am capable of
I know my accomplishments
I know my failures
I know I do my best to respect others
I know that sometimes people will disrespect me
I know some people will like me
I know some people will hate me
I know some think I am a good musician/person
I know some think I am a terrible musician/person.........................................
That's my $.02. Thanks to all of you that show your support to me and other musicians! I truly appreciate all of you!
GO JOSH HAMILTON!!!!!!!!
Later,
Farris

No comments: