Wednesday, September 03, 2008

You Asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, August 03, 2008
You Asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Current mood: dirty
Category: Music
People ask me about my guitar rig from time to time. They want to know what I use and where I got it. I hear a loud click as most of you hit the back button.
My gear setup is really simple. I like it that way. Really easy to diagnose a problem and I don't have to think that much(which is always a plus)
Electric Guitar(s):
My main guitar is a Black 1994 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2003 Faded Gibson SG
Early 80's Tokai Tele
Strings:
Dean Markley Blue Steel 10's(been playing them for years)
Effect(s):
Line 6 Pod XT Live(has an onboard tuner)
Behringer Virtualizer Pro(looped)
Amp:
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL(100 watt)
Cabinet:
Marshall JCM 1960B loaded with Celestion Vintage 30's
I have tried other combinations but this one works best for me. My secret weapon, the XT Live. I can get "Patches" online so that eliminates trial and error. I just go to Line 6's website and search for the sound I am looking for. That and RED BULL!
Like most of you musicians, I get tone envy from time to time. As I get older, I have figured out that "Tone" come from your fingers.
My Acoustic(s):
1997 Gibson Chet Atkins
2004 Gibson J180EC
Both of those depend on what I am doing that night. I usually bring both incase I break a string.
I use a Behringer ACX1000 Acoustic amp most of the time but I am starting to dig the L.R. Baggs DI box(Thanks to the tip from Eric Peel).
Strings:
D'Addario EPX17's-I have been using them for about a year. They tend to hold up better and retain their tone.
I also use Monster Cables, they take a beating.
Where do I get my gear? I find a few deals on eBay and Craigslist. I also deal with Jack at C&C Guitars here in Paris. If you are looking for a good deal or a Vintage guitar or amp, check him out. Tell him Farris sent you! I get my strings from him until Dean Markley or D'Adarrio reads this and endorses me..............
Wow, this one even made me go to sleep..................
Next time I will tell you my Bass Rig, PA or my drum sets........
Or I will just complain about something
Later,
Farris

No comments: